Friday 1 April 2016

Battle Arena Re-made

The image bellow shows my battle arena remade. I felt this was very necessary for improving the arena. Especially after gaining feedback from my tutor to improve the model.  The first thing to change was the mountains themselves. For this I used cloth effect, simply because I couldn't model mountains that well. Though this wasn't the best way of making a mountain model, I was satisfied with the result and it by far looks better than my original attempt.

I also changed a few other things since the last time I uploaded my battle arena, including:


New Textures and Models: 
Both inside and outside the cave had to be changed, for example I got rid of one of the pillars and changed the chairs. But the main changes was the textures. From the snow to the walls around the room. I also used the same textures of the statue for the stairs.

As I said before, I changed the snow texture by using a different image from Google, and it looks much better and more convincing. I also changed the texture of the ruins to match the wall texture down stairs.

I felt as though I needed something to help give a good introduction for my animated camera scene on unity. So I pushed the snow downwards and added stairs to give the cave/temple an entrance. Usually temples and caves would be at high places, so it would make sense to  have huge stairs to a holy place or a place of rich history. 


The final thing I improved was the stair way for the statue. This wasn't as easy as I would have hoped, because the UV mapping for this took a while to sort out and tidy up. However, once I finished the UV mapping for it, I used the texture from the statue and (just like the chain and throne texture) used the spot healing brush to get rid of the lines. This would blend in well with my statue as I plan on place it on top.


These changes improved my battle arena hugely and I was glad that I went back and improved it as I was more confident with my modelling skills then when I first started the year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment