Monday 28 December 2015

Skeleton Sketches and Joints

Task:
Ah a new year, and to kick off 2016 is our winter break homework with is drawing the human skeleton and joints. I started with a few sketches on the basics, just so that I could get used to drawing a skeleton. For example my first drawing was the skull, then flowed by the shoulders and arms, then the legs and finally the entire body. 

My research:
I mainly used this book to help me with my drawings. It is called "Anatomy Lessons From The Great Masters" by Robert Beverly Hale and Terence Coyle. This helped me hugely and I would recommend this book for people who wish to learn the human body and how it's formed. I also watched a video from Proko and how he explains how the 6 joints work in the human body.




Video on The 6 Joints in Human Anatomy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cYal_hitz4

My Sketches:


My 3 illustrations of the skeleton:
For this particular task I was struggling to think of how I could try and make a skeleton look unique and making it seem worth '20 hours' of work.  So like most art work, I used what was given to me e.g. the Anatomy Lessons From The Great Masters book as well as my tutors skeleton image. I only used the image as a guide and only copied the shape of the skeleton.


final:
Key Bone Names:

These are the key bone names to be know for the human body

Synovial Joint Names:



This homework took a lot longer for me, as I had spent a few days to complete. I would say that this clocked in 30 hours for me..and that's only for the sketches and 3 illustrations. But I digress, it was still a good practise to do and I am determined to make a solid start for 2016.



No comments:

Post a Comment