Friday 19 February 2016

Adding lower part to staute

 Instead of going for just bare feet, I decided to change the plan and formed the boots of my Viking statue. This would take less time, easier to model and is part of the original design for the statue anyway.
Feet: (boots):
To make the feet and lower body, I had to follow the reference I used (shown bellow) and extruded 9 to 10 faces to make the form of the hips and legs. I then played with the vertex's using the side view point camera, and positioned them into the right places. I considered making the boots on a separate Maya file, but whilst making the legs I thought it was best to continue by extruding the faces outwards. Fianlly comes the soles. For that I created two cubes, changed the faces and vertexes, and combined them to the statue.

Reference used:

Full body put together. At long last. 
Thought this wasn't the best way of modelling legs and feet, it was a lot easier and quicker, which is what you have to do sometimes. However I am sure I will improve the look of my statue by using Zbrush next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment