Monday 22 February 2016

Putting Statue in Zbrush

After making a cube on Zbrush in class it was time to put the practise to the test. For this task, I was to do the same technique with my cube on Zbrush, but this time instead of the cube, it was for my statue.
 So as I said before this is going to be a repeat of what I did with the cube to place it onto Zbrush. 
The plan is to export the finished model (UV mapping needed to be neatened) as a OBJ. Then we had to import it onto Zbrush (just like the cube we practised on). Once I began to model; using a soft brush for the muscle form, crease brush for the cloth and belt (also we downloaded a cracks and chip brush), that's when the muscles and detail in the clothes began to take form.




Image showing that my statue is taking form in Zbrush.

I then had to save it as two separate files. One showing the Low Poly model and the other showing the High Poly. This will come into play for using the xNormal program. There I will plan on baking it and gaining all the different UV maps I will need to give my statue detail (perhaps even texture).

Final Zbrush models:
Low poly version:

High poly version:


No comments:

Post a Comment