Tuesday 23 February 2016

Using xNormal and Quixel for statue texture

Quixel was a huge help for my texture issue. I was finding it hard to work with a realistic texture on Photoshop so if anything, this was a huge improvement to my previous attempts
It wasn't easy to learn Quixel, in fact I still struggle with it now and again. But as you can see from the result, it can be rewarding. The first thing I had to do was to import my Zbrush statue file onto xNormal. Using the Low and High poly versions, I was able to then change the settings to normal map and albedo map before finally baking the UV's. After completing this I then opened Quixel and used the different UV maps. Placing them onto Quixel was the easy part. It was just finding the right texture that took time.

Statue Diffuse Map:

Statue: Zbrush low Poly:

Statue Normal Map:

In the end I chose the stone-statue texture and added lightly on Photoshop snow in the cracks of the statue. It is finally finished. My texture for the statue was complete. Just have to finish the textures for the armour, hammer and throne and rig my statue in position and then it will be good enough to be place it with my battle arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment