Saturday 12 March 2016

Space ships

The homework for the next 2 weeks is to design our own Space ship. Depending on whether I want it to be a battle space ship or just for transport. However I might try to combine the two just to experiment a little.

Moodboard:


Rough Sketches:

This first two drawings are designed to be a combination of a tour bus that we use at the present time. But I changed it a round a little and designed to make it a futuristic taxi. 
This second sketch is a more violent machine. A one seater is influenced by having the same fire power as a tank. Yet can glide into space with ease. I also got inspired by the star wars design of Boba Fett's ship. You can see the amount of detail that was put in for Boba Fett's ship, as it does look like something that is possible to make in a 100 years time or so. That is something I will try and aim for my final design. 
This last one was a rough 5 minute drawing, but I liked the design so much that I have now considered to use it for the project. I might consider going back and re-sketching it to give it a cleaner and neater design.  

Final Idea:
This was a rough final design of what I wish to make my space ship look like.

Modelling Spaceship on Maya:


Techniques and References used for Final Design:

Bush I used for scratch mark effect.
Technique used to make shine on metal. Followed this video to learn this effect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBYYQFXD1Ho

Final design pose:
So I chose this position for my final pose. Now I plan on colouring it and adding textures to it.

Final pose with colour:
Using the same technique as my gun classwork, I placed textured images from Google and added colour to help form my ship. After spending 12 hours on this I final got the final result. I also quickly did a simple space texture in the background to add more effect to the work.
Final Design:
This is 'The Rust Bucket'. An old military prototype, The Rust Bucket is a five seater vehicle. With the main cockpit having two seats for the pilot and co-pilot. Whist also having a one seater on each wing. The wing pilot is in charge of the machine guns, and the main cockpit is in charge of firing rockets and steering the ship.

Though I managed to improvise and got a fairly good final piece. I felt as though I could have got a better result had I used shadowing on my when I was rendering. It was frustrating because I remembered doing it in one of my Maya lessons. However it was late during the Easter holidays and I was running out of time. So as I said before, I had to improvise by finding where the light might come from and where would the darks be on each material. Never the less, I was still pleased with my efforts. I feel as though I am improving and progressing with my designs and sketch's, but I will need more time to get even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment