Friday 4 March 2016

Trees

For this brief, we had to create a tree with character. In other words, a tree that conveys a sense of  atmosphere, feeling or mood. An example of this could be giving it magic,  a feel of unease, or perhaps danger. For my personal tree I would wish for it to be more of a large gloomy tree. giving it a sense of fear and danger.

Moodboard:

Photos:
These are just some of the photos I took while I was walking back from Woking to Farnham. There where some very unusual and interesting shapes that I saw and could be used for my design.





Drawings:
Just a few sketches to develop my idea for a final piece. 


Final:

The Spirit Tree

For this final I decided to try something a little different. Instead of a neat and clean style (which would have suited well for a man made object ), I went for a more experimental and colourful approach. I used one of my sketches as the idea for the shape. I also combined the photos I took in the forest, to be used as a colour pallet for this piece (so a lot of greens and blues). This took me 8 hours to do and I am very pleased with the outcome because I feel the colours mould together rather well, also having the path their, grabs the views attention and directing their eyes towards the huge spirit. tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment