Wednesday 9 March 2016

Animation and Rigging

Animation:
For this lesson we got a chance to learn how to animate objects and rigging them. This comes as good practise for rigging our statues into positions we want as well as adding other elements to our battle arena.
Making the Pole and Ball move:
The first part of this exercise was to make a ball and a pole move. One rigged to go up and down, the other to move side to side.
Making a ball bounce.
Animating a rat:
The next part of this lesson we had to model a rat sized object. Then we had to draw a line path for our modelled rodent to move across. I felt as though building my rat was the easiest part of this exercise, the hardest part was rigging the damn thing to move! But I digress. After a little confusion with the frame settings I managed to animate my rat to get from point A to point B (the start and end of the line).

This could be used for my battle arena to make it feel more alive. However depending on how much I get done before the deadline also plays a part in this.  But it was good fun to animate objects and another skill that I have learnt on Maya can be ticked off the list.

Skeleton Rigging- moving the model into sitting position:
Now comes the hard part.. rigging my statue into a sitting position. To make this setting I went onto "windows"- animation edit- then clicked on human IK. I then chose to create the skeleton and it opened with the skeleton on my statue. Then I had to bind the skin onto the skeleton so that when I move the skeleton into position, then the skin will follow.
To move the skeleton in place, I had to select the circular joints and would have to choose to rotate or position it. This took me the longest to do, as I was struggling to make the model and the skeleton as similar as possible. But eventually I managed to place everything into the right position.
After being satisfied with the positioning of my statue I then got rid of the skeleton and now it has set the model into that position permanently. 

Now that it is finally done, I can now concentrate on making the hammer and armour for the statue to complete it as well as adding the textures for the throne. This was a very hard thing to learn and I had to be patient and had a bit of help to fix the rigging, but I am just glad that I have completed the poster for my statue.
Finished rigging statue

No comments:

Post a Comment