Tuesday 10 November 2015

Futuristic room: perspective design

Carrying on from last weeks lesson we had today looked at trying I shape our own 3rd point perspective is if building. We had to use the perspective lines as a guide and also used the image shown below as a starting point. 


 Drawing:

This is just a rough idea on the sci fi room and hwo I plan to progress with it in terms of colour.



items added in environment:



Painting:


part1 of painting




Adding more colour:



Change of plan. I had to fill in the right sided part of the room with a door to prevent the viewer from loosing focus on the room. Instead I made a metal door and placed it on top of the other room. This made the room feel more alive as well as getting rid of a distraction. From then on in, it was just filling in the whites and re-doing some parts. Unfortunately this artwork took me after too long. About 36 hours. Though I am feeling that i could have done a quicker and better job I feel as though I will leran from this and get better. My painting have improved greatly. My particular favorite was painting the window and the globe. Then again that was what took me the longest to do. I used a globe for reference, and used it as a colour  pallet. As for the rest, it was all a mixture of grey, whites and blues. I took inspiration from the film "Alien" and the Star Wars franchise, this inculcated the beds, computers and windows.

Final Sci Fi Room Design: 



No comments:

Post a Comment