Sunday 8 November 2015

Tentacles

This weeks homework is to be tentacle related.... of course. We where given a task to design a tentacle creature. Using refrence from thing such as; Davy Jones, Ursula and Cthulhu. 

Drawings:
These were just a few rough sketches and ideas for what my creature could look like. It was always going to be tough deciding, however I feel as though the creature on the right side will be my final choice. 
Final:
 This was my first final piece and it is by far from my favourite, I felt as though something was missing from it, perhaps it was the background? or maybe it was the colour design , that didn't work? Either way, something just didn't seem right, so I went back to the drawing board and had another try. 
Final Part 2:
This was to be my second attempt at making a tentacle creature. This time however I had to draw from scratch. I decided to go with a similar approach with the crab monster project, by using a silhouette.  

From there on then it was a matter of using the right colour. I felt that this time my colour was exactly as I wanted it to be. Giving the creature a green upper body and a dark brown/grey lower body. The background was a quick blur of ruined buildings to add more effect and threat to the creature. The only issue with this was that I had little to no time left as this was done the night before presenting it. Hence why it looks rushed and unfinished.
It saddens me to say that I felt as though that this wasn't to be my best piece thus far, as I felt as though I should have chosen carefully with the colour and designs. But I will hope to do more and perhaps learn from this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment