Monday 23 November 2015

Tank

Following our session on cubes and using different tones, came the task of making a tank and using the technique of shading in the dark's and lights.  

My Moodboard: 
 I first looked up what real tanks look like, and also added a few other artist's designs to help me come up with an idea of what my tank would look like.  

 I thought it would be useful to try and experiment forming a tank using my cube from the lesson before. it was to be a guide in order to help me make a tank. 


I must mention that once my tutor and I looked at the development of my tank, there was one massive issue in the way. The tanks snout was far to big, almost cartoonish, So had to rearrange the tank into looking more believable.



Final Tank:

This final piece looks rushed, that is because it was. You can tell there are many things still either unfinished or a few shadows and lights needed adding to make it less 2 and more rounded. However I will just have to take this on board and stride forward. It is no secret that I hate drawing tanks, painting them is worse in my book. But at least I have something to show for my efforts.  


No comments:

Post a Comment