Tuesday 29 September 2015

Using silhouettes in Crustasion character design

The task given to us for this project was to come up with an imaginative concept for a minimum of three 'crustacean-like' creatures being created by using the technique of Silhouette on Photoshop. This would give a shinning effect and will work well with showing darker shapes and tone. We needed to: complete a moodboard, do some sketches of the creatures and decided which three favorite sketches to be developed to be your final design on Photoshop.

 moodboard and tutorial:



We had to watch a tutorial of a tutor showing a quick 2 part video, of how to create creatures using a silhouette. Though he machined in the video that it is a quick thing to do and should take about an hour or two, I strongly disagree with this, for it took me much longer than one or two hours to do. Though I suppose he is more experienced and it must seem more natural to him. As for my final three pieces of work, I was pleased with the results, though as you can see, I tried to experiment with one of them and unfortunately it is (I feel) the weakest one out of the three.


Final 3 designs:


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment