Monday 28 September 2015

Battle Arena


Mood board for arena

After my first encounter with Maya, the second lesson was to create a battle arena with Maya. Thankfully I am beginning to get the hang with modeling on Maya so lets see what happens.
To begin with we had to create a moodboard of what we would like our battle arena to look like. For my moodboard, it was to be based on a Nordic/Celtic style. with old ruins, temples, carvings and statues. I would like it to be located in a snowy mountain as well, just to stick with the true Nordic theme of having the white space.  


Rough drawing for idea:

Okay this may not be the worlds greatest drawing ever, but the point is that its for me to have a rough idea of what my battle arena would look like. Now using my moodboard and my rough sketch, I will begin modelling my battle arena.

 Designing My Battle Arena:
Now that I have an idea of what my battle arena would look like, it was time to start working on Maya and shaping the arena. This would be a perfect opportunity to try and get used to modeling on Maya. The pictures bellow shows the progress I have made with my arena thus far.The first two images shows what my pit looks like. I got the idea from this image showing a cave with wooden blanks and a dark snowy cave.


This image shows my idea to try and add different levels and steps in my arena. This would allow the players to move around in different parts of the area. For example if one of the fighters would be cornered, then he/she would try and escape by sprinting up the planks or broken stairs to fight in the open. I had this idea from the picture that shows the cave in the mountain, shows a path at carries on going up to the top.

The last two images show what I wish to make the outside of the arena would look like. It is to be a plane white snowy area. Either in the mountains or in the wood. Showing at the front (where the player/players would start) and show at the back the trees and a tomb. In the middle of all this is the ruin of an ancient temple. I got this image from the picture showing a warrior looking into a mouth of a sinister looking cave.   


No comments:

Post a Comment