Tuesday 22 September 2015

Concept design for robot

 Week 1:

A few days ago we were given our first bit of homework; which was to create a "bad-ass" original robot. I decided to go for a scrap metal/ decal punk feel as the last picture bellow shows. The first picture is a robot concept which combined animals and humans to a life of metal and steam. An example of this is the dog or crab. I tried to experiment a little with the animals, and though I loved the look and ideas, I thought it best to stick with a normal man-like robot. As can be shown in the next image which shows a half man, half robot. My last rough idea was a small pile of junk with a lamp post as a head and metal sticking out that looks a lot like arms and legs. This was a random sketch as I couldn't come up with what my final robot could look like. So I decided to combine the pile of junk and the human-robot together. Which led me to my final concept, a tall fairly human shaped machine bearing a claw like hand for his left arm and a large gloved arm on the right arm. His chest having a telephone box which protects his engine 'heart'. And finally his head having lamp post.




My Robots backstory:

The backstory for this bit is that he is an alien life form who are named the "Zadracs". He was captured and tortured for committing a crime and had his spirit forced out form his original body. Having his soul banished through space and time, the Zadrac was trying to find a new form in order to survive. He eventually landed on a planet called earth and had crash landed in a junk yard. Hungry for a new body, the Zadrac's spirit corrupted a human to rebuild him, using all the spare parts and scrap metal from the junk yard. Now gaining a new form, the Zadrac wishes to build a new world for his kind on earth, in a feel for redemption.




No comments:

Post a Comment