Thursday 15 October 2015

Adding more to Greybox

Whilst I 'm working on my building for the walking simulator 'Patient 201', I have decided to add a few extras for it. So for example rather than simply having a few dull rooms with plain walls, I added clocks and eyes. Each of these will have an impact on what the player will be feeling, as well has helping them solve the puzzle of how to open the doors.
Examples of things I added

The room on the 1st floor would have clocks all around. Yet one of them will not be working properly. The reason for this is because the arm for the clock that doesn't work is the lever for the elevator. A similar example can be seen from the bottom floor with the eye room. The Eyes on the bottom floor will have a button as the pupil. The eyes would also have a sign giving the player a clue. For example "I've got my eye on you". Once they have pressed the right eye, the door will slide open from the tunnel for the player to get top the computer, to open the exit doors. The final idea I added to my simulator was activating a secret room. For this, I thought of adding a lever in a shape of a candle light which when turned will open up the fire place and reveal a room with a secret note.




I thought these ideas would make my simulator seem less dull and give the player time to think about how to find a way out of a creepy, mad house of an asylum.     

No comments:

Post a Comment