Friday 9 October 2015

Designing Futurestic Gun

Research and Mood board:
For this project we were told to design a futuristic weapon which was bullet/projectile based. After looking at some examples from real weapons and other photos of guns, I feel like I am going to go for a flame thrower-like gun.
I also would love to add a dragon design on the flame thrower to make the weapon look more interesting (and seems a bit fitting as a dragons breathe out fire), as well as adding a bit of a futuristic design to it.

 
Bits that I managed to find on the internet shows that the flamethrower would have many tubes or a metal end of the gun. So I did a few rough sketches to practise how to draw a gun. I also found out that a few artists uses colour layers over the gun design. Simple but effective.




Building up final Design:


This was my scanned copy of my final piece sketch.



Final Design:

This is to be my final design for a futuristic gun. Though I feel as though I could have done a little bit better with the colour, and layering. However I am pleased with the idea and concept of it. It had gone a lot better then I had thought. considering the fact that I am still a little shy on Photoshop at the moment. 



Down bellow also shows the 'bullet/tank' for the gun itself. It would be a metal container, which would have fuel inside. As the person would hold done the trigger, both the fuel and the lighter (at the front of the gun) would link and in doing so will let out a burst of flames, chaos and dread...kind of like a dragon.



No comments:

Post a Comment