Wednesday 7 October 2015

Idea for a game

This is to be my idea for creating a game using the Unity engine. The project is based on creating a simple game/intro and to try and add good gameplay as well as it being at least a minute to two minutes long. So to try and get the general idea for creating a game, my class was given a sheet of paper that showed 7 important things about creating a game. The title, the story/goals, the 4 pillars, the X, the mechanics, the players piece and other information (theme, technology and aesthetics).

We where then spilt into teams of 4 and was given two random words. My team had 'landing on moon' and 'hospital'. So we scanned through the rules and came to a conclusion that it was to be a horror game that involved a character in a hospital on the moon, but she suffered from amniesa. That was only to be the practise round.  

Homework:

For my homework, I was told to try and create my own game with a storyboard showing the basics idea of the character, the game itself, the theme and so on, and a rough map of what my game would look like. After a while, I came to a conclusion of having my game being about a Patient trying to escape an insane asylum, while she doesn't know why she was in there or how long. She will be given hints and info about herself in forms of letters hidden in the asylum. She must escape. Or die trying.






Though I had considered using a simple attack mechanic for the gameplay, as well as having AI in the form of security guards, However eventually I feared that might be to ambitious. So I will stick to my original plan by having the game being a stealth/horror game.




These are my plans of what the building will look like. I had to try and measure how long and how wide the building would be. I also had to make sure that I could make the 3D design of the building fit with the rooms and levels. So I added two other simple designs to show the 1st floor (having 7 rooms) where the player will start, and the 2nd floor (having 3 rooms), where the player must find a way out.





Now that I have all may plans sorted for what my game will be like and how it will look, I will now try to model the building using both Maya and Unity. Once I have done that, I will try and work from there.

1 comment:

  1. Nice beginning, There is a good idea here but you should consider where to place some of your key objects. You want to encourage exploring by not placing them next to the lock they are used for.

    ReplyDelete