Thursday 22 October 2015

Adding texture and detail to Battle Arena

So far I have managed to create a simple grey box for my battle arena whilst adding a bit more detail to it, as well as giving it a bit of texture. For example instead of my original plan of having a full cave covering the top of the level, I thought it be best to show some gaps and holes for the player to go down in. This would make it more like a ruin by having a worn down-like cave and inside it, a worn down temple. As for texture I thought of editing my green landscape that I did in class and changed it to winter snow. Now as you can see, the snow is showing on top of the cave and floor.  
I hope to add some more texture to the arena, such as blue winter flowers and rocks. Though I am having a little bit of trouble with getting a perfect texture, it is beginning to come together.

Testing it on Unity:

This part was a bit of a mess. When I tried to put my 3rd person character into my game, there was always something blocking him or stopping him form moving, so I though it was to do with the characters size, which did help, however I looked again and found out that bits of the arena seemed to crowded and full with no way of getting across. To sort this problem out I will need to change a few things on my greybox in Maya. Hopefully this will give a better result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment