Saturday 30 January 2016

snow part of the level

Reference used for snowy background:
Image of a real snowy mountains to help me understand the colour concept and how the trees blend into the snow.


This one was how mountains look in pixel art, based on the game 'There was a Caveman'. I might consider this design as a guide for remaking my background design:


A rough sketch an idea for my final background:
This was a 30 minute sketch showing a rough plan on what my second scene would look like. Now I plan to add more detail to the art work and attempt to make a 2D design.

My level design for snowy mountains:

2nd try:

Though I have changed a few things for this background, such as the building and the platform, I get the feeling that there is still work to be done with this and though this is a good practise I feel as though I need more time to make a neater pix-elated version of this. 

Update on this background:
After revisiting this background, I thought it was time to add the trees and neaten things up a bit more. So with the help of my group (giving me advice and feedback on my background) I was able to darken the saturation so that the characters will stand out more




No comments:

Post a Comment