Tuesday 19 January 2016

modeling hands

For this I had to use the female reference as a guide line, then I carried on with the YouTube tutorial shown bellow:


The references I used was placed on maya (similar to how I placed the anatomy head on maya for the head) and then followed in with the shape and patterns. I mainly used the front and side view to change the angle and position of the model to make it accurate and realistic. 



Creating the fingers was the easy part. For this I had to use a cube object, change the edges to 8 and stretch it in the length that would be a roughly a human finger size. I then got rid of the flat end and replaced it with half a sphere. This was to be the tip of the finger. Once I connected the two together, I had adjusted the divisions to 4 and matched the finger to the reference. I moved the edges and extruded them to make the nail and shaped the finger until I was satisfied. Finally duplicating the fingers and (one for the thumb) I attached them together and changed the lengths slightly. 

This was the final result of my modelled hand on maya. This model focuses on the male hand, which was what I needed for my Viking statue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment