Monday 11 January 2016

Gun overlay and monster painting

For the second lesson of 2016, we where taught how to transform and adjust a texture to blend with the 'gun-like' model shown below. 
Now adding the sci-fi plane image onto the 3D model image, I changed the setting to 'Overlay' so that the sci-fi plane was behind the 3D image. Then I had to 'scale' and 'scew' the image in order to change the perspective. 
Once I completed the texture of the gun, I had to find a background of a Stanfield, to give the image more effect. I chose the the image below.
Adding a green texture, and having it as an overlay, allowed me to give a colour effect to my gun ship. I also added the text of 'Boom' on the gun ship.  

Vampire Overlay:

I did the same technique of overlaying the texture images to the 3D model image of a vampire. 



This was a very interesting technique to learn and a useful one too. A few artist do tend to prefer making a model and then using/editing the image to be a concept art piece. I may consider using this technique more often.



No comments:

Post a Comment