Monday 4 January 2016

Statue face design

For this lesson, we are to learn how to create a human anatomy face model. For this we where given the targa images used. One side view and one front view. We imported them both onto maya and placed them in a suitable camera view. Side of image on left side and front face in front view. With the perspective camera on top for me to see how the model is forming. 
We started by focusing on eye socket and the bottom lip. As the eye socket and lips took form, it was a matter of just following the references and making sure the edges are in line with the anatomy picture. We did this by moving the vertex's and edges. whist also adding new faces by extruding and stretching them forward. 

Finding an ear shape to model:
This wasn't easy but eventually I found the perfect reference to use as a guide for me. Though it took a lot of time a patience.




As you can see form the images it was no walk in the park. I had to keep readjusting the vertex's countless of times and ha to extrude a lot to form the ear.

This was my final outcome on having the head and the ear models attached. I was very pleased with the results, as well as excited as to what I can do to this head to add a more features to it. Possibly making it look older? younger ? We shall see.





No comments:

Post a Comment